Friday, October 21, 2016

I don't procrastinate, I write poetry

(The following is the product of two hours spent NOT doing research.)

 

My window is a two-way mirror

 

Outside, trees shiver in the breeze,

stripped bare by glaring streetlights

like things I didn’t mean to say.

 

 

Not for the first time, I am reminded

of uncategorized dreams that linger-

salt in my eyes,

dew on blades of grass-

catching like ghosts on my fingertips

that melt away before the sun can ask their meaning.

 

The world holds a labyrinth of tomes un-perused,

poems untitled, but my muse

must have gotten stuck on your windshield,

and anyway,

the sky has something to tell me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A fearful world needs courageous people

We live in a moment of fear. Fear is inherent in our culture; we breathe it in as we walk outside. We speak it into our relationships. We co...