Friday, October 28, 2016

Alternate dimensions

Sometimes I think about how different my life would be.

 

Impaired

 

Somewhere between

the folds of time and space

there’s another me, suspended

in her own pocket of the cosmos of my imagination-

 

another me

who never finds herself distracted

when passing by a mirror,

and who doesn’t use her hands

when speaking, because her powers of observation

hit a snag at the tunnel-ends

of her eye sockets.

 

In silence she is alone

with infinite angles

visions unfathomable,

uninspired by the entire galaxies of fading stars

strung in bursts of radiant color

across the trees just outside

her window.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A fearful world needs courageous people

We live in a moment of fear. Fear is inherent in our culture; we breathe it in as we walk outside. We speak it into our relationships. We co...