Thursday, December 10, 2015

So it begins...

I’ve started a lot of things in my life.

Essays.

Sandwiches.

Fights over the remote control.

Never in my life, however, have I started a blog. I am entirely new to this game, and I don’t really know the rules. I’m not very “hip to the jive”, as the kids say.

But I started this blog because often I have things to say. Things I think are important, or funny, or poetic. And I generally prefer saying things when someone is listening to me (although, admittedly, that hasn’t really stopped me before). So here’s a blog. You’re welcome, world.

In regards to that, here are a few things you should know; a disclaimer, if you will:

  1. My Lord of the Rings references will never stop. If that scares you, you must never have had the pleasure of meeting a Nazgul.
  2. Content will range from poetry to anecdotes to general musings about this whole life thing. I’ll try and keep controversial issues to a minimum (but I make no promises that everything I write will make you feel good inside).
  3. Under no circumstances will I ever presume to guarantee regularly scheduled posts, as I have a rule against telling vicious lies (accidentally or otherwise).

If you’re reading this, cheers to you! I look forward to seeing where this blogging journey of epic proportions takes us.

~Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment

A fearful world needs courageous people

We live in a moment of fear. Fear is inherent in our culture; we breathe it in as we walk outside. We speak it into our relationships. We co...